The MIBOSCOC Governance Council is the lead decision-making body and board responsible for planning for the use of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) HEARTH CoC resources and coordinating these funds with other relevant resources in the jurisdiction.
- Providing overall direction and leadership of the process
- Making all formal decisions of the CoC
- Strategic planning and goal setting
- Approving the selection of committee members
- Aligning and coordinating MI BOSCOC and other homeless assistance and mainstream resources
- Establishing priorities for and making decisions about the allocation of COC resources
- Monitoring and evaluating both system wide and individual program performance on established goals
- Receiving reports and recommendations from sub-committees and ad-hoc task groups
- Guiding the annual CoC Consolidated Application (Exhibit 1)
- Ensuring that all necessary activities (e.g. Point in Time count) are being implemented by LPBs.
- Disseminating information to all members
- Reviewing agendas and minutes from meetings